Last morn bologna,arrive florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
November 4th 2010
Published: November 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had a great morning walking around the markelaces of bologna. Turns out where we staying is in the oldest.market in bologna. Walk out door of hotel and there r beautiful fruit & veg stalls, flowers,fish,delis, it is a hive of activity and colour, we love it. the lady that took us on tour is a foodie who conducts cookin classes also. She explained why the old markets here have not died out, the age of some of shops (1400s) we tasted cheeses,salamis,balsamic vinegars frm 8 to 40 yrs plus, different cured meats(remember the cold cuts phillip), chocolates and even wines (definately not a meat pie in site calvin!) And yes Denise more eating! (have I told u about the fabulous gelato yet?) Coleen was thinking how much you'd love it. It was great not only to b shown so much by a local but to get the chance to ask questions bout things we didn't have a clue about.
After this we caught train to florence- it only took bout 40 mins as was the fastest train. The landscape sped by in a blur. We r staying in an apartment here for 4 nts so we can prepare some of our own food (we bought some in bologna & bought with us) Apt. up 4 flights of stairs & lift broken so had to go out for few beers after lugging our bags up all that. Tomo we plan to get an early start and go to Accademia Gallery & see Michaelangelo David.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb