Fabulous Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
April 10th 2006
Published: February 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Next stop on the bus trip was the beautiful city of Florence. We stopped on the way in at Piazza Michaelangelo to get a group shot overlooking the city, dominated by the massive Duomo building at the Ponte Vecchio bridge, an old wooden bridge the contains little inbuilt shops.

Once in Florence, we headed straight to Museum Academia to check out the world famous statue of David, an incredible 5.2 metre marble statue created by Michaelangelo. We then had a guided walking tour of the city by a local which included the Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio and Duomo - all amazing places to see. There were artists out in force, adding to the atmosphere in the streets. We had a gelati and walked around the pretty streets in very warm weather for April.

At night, we headed off for a very nice Tuscan dinner at a huge restaurant complete with musical entertainment in the form of some local opera singer. After dinner we went to the Space Electronic Disco, an incredibly tacky Italian club, luckily it was a Sunday night so it was pretty quiet and only half full of sleazy Italian men. The karaoke downstairs was good for a laugh and I guess it was a cultural event in itself to leave at 2am and see all the beautiful Italian people still out on the streets.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0979s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb