Evening


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
April 23rd 2010
Published: April 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

just got back from shopping the streets of florence for food. we got nutella, nesquick, clementines, wine, bread, eggs, and dessert (chocolate mousse, tiramisu, and bongo bongo). walking down the street really evokes all of your senses. this is what walking down the street on a rainy evening is like.

you step out of the big, brown, metal doors, and you see the sprawling piazza with people young and old walking around with umbrella every color of the rainbow. you begin to walk down the rough cobblestone street as cold and fat drops of rain hit your hooded head. you take a deep breath and smell the serenity and freshness of the rain, and the fresh-baked pizza from the pizzeria. as you continue to walk down the sidewalk, you hear snippets of conversations in english and italian. people bargaining for little leather purses. people asking how much the coca cola is, and then you hear the deep tolling of the Santa Croce church bells. Loud, sweet, and comforting. you are home.

i will try to post as many things like this as possible, if you so desire. let me know what you think of everything so far, and what, if anything, you would like to hear more about. Ciao!

Advertisement



23rd April 2010

more, more, more
I love this. This is what I want to read. What you're doing, how it affects your senses, how it makes you feel. Paint me a picture with your words that takes me there...
24th April 2010

the streets of florence
Bongo bongo... now that brings back some memories! You really summed it up well when you mentioned walking "evoking all of your senses." Too True! It's great hearing about what you guys are doing each day. Please keep 'em coming!

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb