another beautiful Roman wedding


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
February 12th 2005
Published: February 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

February 12, 2005

San Bonaventura-Roma

Hill overlooking the Foro Romano

Central, gorgeous, ancient

Tourists take turns peaking in the church minutes before the ceremony, curious and full of romantic thoughts

Chilly, light rain

Elegant young guests

Family in fur coats and radiating smiles

Alessia is 8 months and shining, expectant

Zia Chiara is nervous and proud

The groom is greeting his guests

Flower tucked in the label

Brothers-in-law

Peers, childhood friends, aunts, uncles

And Zio walks his second graceful yet humble daughter down the aisle…Zia weeps silently at the second wedding in 4 months...


The reception took place in a restaurant called Baba, who grow all their own food and cook without using any preservatives and the healthiest of ingredients. Dried flowers, antique pots and pans, hanging plants, an old white piano and plaster and stone walls filled with gentle, warm light illuminating various 18th and 19th century paintings and knickknacks. Around 75 guests enjoyed a wonderful dinner, each course announced and described by the owner of the restaurant at the beckoning of a large bell. Tables chat and munch, switch seats, laugh, wander, kiss and greet the newly weds.
Several toasts are called for throughout the night and Gioia and Andrea make their rounds-happy, relaxed, but as is customary for the newly weds, unable to personally enjoy the feast.



The night leads from aperitivi (fried sage and zucchini, bocconcini mozzerella with salmon, strawberry and parmesian tarts, mini quiche and rounds of spumanti champagne) to dinner and a dessert buffet (fruit, cheesecake, a warm apple tort, chocolate cake, confetti-sugar covered almonds, and more…) to the small dance floor. The Beatles, U2 and other popular American 80’s music graze the tracks along with popular Italian love songs. A group of guests dance while others relax on velvety couches in dim light. The night ends long after I leave with Zio e Zia, happy and content in clear Roman moonlight.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb