La Giostra; best dinner in Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
December 13th 2008
Published: December 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tonight I had the best meal that I've ever had in Florence. It is definitely up there in the list of top meals I have ever had. I went to a restaurant with my roommates as well we Lynn. We went to a place called la Giostra. It was amazing! The place was created by these two princes who wanted a place where their family and friends could sit down and have a good meal. And have a good meal we did! We also saw pictures of some famous people there like Josh Hartnett and John Travolta. This place was set on a little street and we almost missed it.
Tonight was the night that we were going to have the full on Italian meal con molti piatti. So we get there and sit down and the waiter was extremely nice. Everyone there was very nice and welcoming. They even poured us a glass of spumante when they knew we were there studying abroad and getting ready to leave. Then they brought us an antipasto di casa and on it there were cheese balls, bruschetta, tomatoes with mozzarella, roasted eggplants and red peppers, hare and duck pate, celery root with a homemade mayonnaise sauce. We didn't know we were getting that so we ordered mozzarella di buffalo with grapefruit, clementines, and honey. It was so good. I'm just reliving it now. Then we also had a platter with zucchini and pecorino. For our primi piatti, we had tagliatelle con funghi secci, spaghetti with wildboar, and pecorino and pear stuffed ravioli. The mushroom dish was the least interesting but still really good. The wild boar was really good though. It tasted like a stew meat and that was delicious. The ravioli stuffed with pecorino and pear was absolutely my favorite dish though. It was so good and so different.
For the secondi piatti we had calamari, veal in lemon sauce, and steak in a reduced marsala sauce. Che buono! Once again, it was all so good. In the end, we couldn't fit dessert but our kind waiter brought us an entire container of lemoncello. It was so good. I love that stuff. So that was the best meal I've had. It was a little pricier than normal, but split between 6, it was only 30 euro, not too shabby. I was really happy with it.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb