Tour Day Five


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
July 13th 2008
Published: July 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was another early morning as we had to leave at 7:45 to head to Florence or Firenze in Italian. It was still raining so we loaded up and left again in the pouring rain. On the bright side, as we were driving towards Italy all the waterfalls were overflowing and gushing down the mountains. It was beautiful. Switzerland was probably the prettiest country we visited.
On the way we stopped in Pisa. Neither Lauren nor I remembered the church being there at all. I don't know why I thought the tower would have been there otherwise, but we were happy to rediscover Pisa's sights. We of course took the classic pictures so the tower wouldn't fall over and filled up our water bottles from a fountain. Ash said that in Italy as long as the water is running it is drinkable. It felt a little strange just sticking our bottle in the fountain though. But then it was on again towards Florence.
Lauren and I did some house hunting as we drove through Tuscany (inspired by that movie "Under the Tuscan Sun"). We found a whole bunch of them that we liked but Brett wouldn't stop the bus to let
When Did They Put THAT Church There?When Did They Put THAT Church There?When Did They Put THAT Church There?

Ash, our tour guide, in the bottom right corner
us look around. Lauren decided she wants a yellow one with a tower. I think I want mine to have big arched doors and a lot of land to explore.
When we arrived in Florence Lauren and I set up in our own personal bungalow. This one even had the bathroom in it and you didn't have to pay for hot water in the shower. (In Switzerland we forgot to get the coins we needed so Lauren and I took glacier water cold showers. Not the best idea we ever had.. we both had headaches from the cold by the time we got out, only to find that some people were smarter and washed their hair in the sink. Duh..) Dinner tonight was served by the campsite restaurant. They brought out plates of spaghetti and penne pasta with meat sauce. As we all were scarfing our platefulls Ash remembered to tell us they were also bringing out pizza. Unexpectedly they brought us each a pizza the size of a large dinner plate. It had mushrooms on it but I scraped them off and ate almost the whole thing. Then.. they brought out gelato. I thought I was going to explode but it was absolutely delicious. I don't know how I was able to walk around when that was done, but we somehow managed to go dancing at the discotheque and have a great time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb