Saluti Firenze!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
September 1st 2005
Published: September 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today was our only full day in Florence, but it's been nice. Last night we were able to enjoy the Florence nighttime atmosphere since we arrived in the late afternoon, so today we headed out for a full day of museums. We started with the Uffizi Gallery where many famous paintings by Michaelangelo, Leonardo, and the other Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are displayed, then after a short detour to the doctor for Keith's sinus infection, we went to the Galleria Dell'Accademia where THE "David" sculpture is on display. It was pretty beautiful! During the day we also sprinkled in trips to the Ponte Vecchio (the famous Gold Bridge... they sell gold there, it isn't made of gold) and the Duomo, and did some walking throughout the city.

I was able to make a brief trip to Florence when was over here visiting Rome in the spring, so fortunately I have been able to pick up and find my way around pretty quickly!

Tomorrow we get up early to head to Rome! I'm very excited to be able to go back there so soon and to the be able to show Keith the remarkable city that I fell in love with just a few months ago! Guess the Trevi Fountain coin thing really does work!!!

Advertisement



2nd September 2005

say hi to those "turtles" for us :)
Can you throw in a coin for your daddy and I to be able to go back with you some time so you can show us all these beautiful sites?? We thank you so much for sharing this travelblog with us. It helps us to feel like we are a part of your trip! As always, we love you both! (all 3)

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb