Florence, Italy - Day 13 - Laundry Day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
July 3rd 2007
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 13

After getting our normal overindulgence of sleep, we rose in time to see what Italy had to offer for lunch and to drop off a bunch of laundry at a local shop that would wash and dry it for us. (Isn’t it nice to be on vacation?) We had planned on today being a casual, get acquainted with the city, kind of day. It’s a good thing that we made our way back to our hotel after lunch and a stroll or we would have missed our reservations (that Michael made a month in advance) for a tour of the Ufizzi Gallery. Thank goodness it was only a quick little walk from our hotel.

This museum was soooo much better than the Chagall Museum that we had been to only days ago. There were a combination of amazing paintings and sculptures to be seen. We ended up spending about 2 ½ hours in there.

For a casual stroll around a gallery, we sure were tired…so we…(Do I even need to say it??)…took a nap. And, as was to be our custom while in Italy, got up, showered, checked our emails, and then went out for dinner.

Dinner was at one of the local restaurants in one of the many piazzas. Michael didn’t care too much for his dinner. I, however, was amazingly surprised with how mine tasted (simply because I didn’t fully understand what it was that I had ordered).

Daily Eats
Breakfast: slept through it 
Lunch: (Rachel) A mini pizza and a bottle of water. Michael had a ham and cheese sandwich and water.
Dinner: (Rachel) Spaghetti Florentine (spaghetti mixed with vegetables in some sort of a sauce that I can’t quite describe) and a water. Michael had a bland pasta dish and some wine.
Dessert: Rachel was a repeat on the cannoli and Michael had some gelato.

Miggy says: I regret not going through the Uffizzi with a guide. There is a lot of history in this gallery, structure, and the work they're displaying. All the descriptions (of which there are - many pieces don't have any description) are in Italian.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 8; ; mem: 1.1mb