im back!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
January 23rd 2007
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

travelblog must have been down yesterday because i wasnt able to access the page but im back today! yesterday was mostly a shopping day since most places are closed mondays, and we also visited the duomo. one older man actually collapsed on the steps of the duomo and started seizuring.... the younger woman he was with, either his wife or daughter, started flipping out (well, i would too).. screaming... i think because an ambulance was parked outside of a building down the street and they were trying to get help. an older woman who was dressed in bright blue (i think she was with the couple also) ran down to the ambulance, and came back saying "hes dead. hes dead." which was a little strange. anyway, eventually the people who were from that ambulance ran over and tried to help.. then another ambulance came and the paramedics ran out with all their big kits and tried to do something ( i didnt see well, was al ittle far away). eventually the man was rolled away on a stretcher, im not sure if he was conscious or not although i kind of think not. after that fiasco the shopping day began. met a nice saleswoman at at store that matt got some stuff at named sabine... she recommended some places to eat, shop, and this open market that is only on tuesday mornings called cascine i think...

so, today we went to the market and bought some amazing picnic food.. bread, pasteries, honey, parmesean cheese, and had a little pizza bread there, and a peach drink. YUM. the food here is so great. it started pouring unfortunately and has been wet all day. then we went to the uffizi gallery which has important works like the birth of venus. then we walked down and had dinner at a great place that a friend chiaki recommended. the pasta was fresh and good and the chicken and tiramisu was good too. AND i got a haircut today! after 7 months it was about time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

occurance on the steps of the duomooccurance on the steps of the duomo
occurance on the steps of the duomo

abulance on left, group on right
pasteriespasteries
pasteries

for mom
lovebirds at the market tuesday morninglovebirds at the market tuesday morning
lovebirds at the market tuesday morning

i miss my yoshi... i wonder if shes doing ok. i had a dream last night that when i got back she laid an egg that hatched and there was a little lovebird that looked justl ike her but half her size. how cute.
matt at the marketmatt at the market
matt at the market

buying oranges. yes it was as good as it looks
me and grappame and grappa
me and grappa

post-haircut


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb