Thursday 4th in Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 4th 2018
Published: October 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Up early to be sure we made it to the Ufizzi and “skip the line” priority. To be sure that we were sufficiently energized we stopped at Rivoires for coccolata compana and got really jacked up. Thus fueled we got into the line for entry and swiftly moved up the stairs to the gallery. As expected, it was incredible, especially as they have spread some of the most important pieces out rather than having them crowded together in a few rooms. We went around the floor in about 90 minutes and then had a pick-me-up at the café overlooking the piazza (and all of Florence). This allowed us to revisit many of the pieces (Botticelli, Michelangelo, Raphael, Pintorechio, Durer, Tintoretto, Da Vinci, Fra Lippi, Montagna, and others).

Upon leaving the museum we went to pick up Peggy’s leather skirt from Mirko. It looked wonderful on her and Mirko got John to buy a briefcase by offering it for less than half price. Terrific deal. Then a nearby pizza lunch at one of the best in Flirence, Bottega Conviviale Pizza Cucina. Great quality and a nice selection of wines by the glass. Back to the hotel with our loot and a rest before wandering along the Arno to look for leather product gifts for family and friends. Found some wonderful little pieces in shops and at the Straw Market. Also stopped at Santa Maria Farmacia and picked up some soaps and lotions for Peggy. Happily settled in for the evening on the roof of the hotel with the leftover pizza and a glass of ginger ale. Another great day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb