Florence, Italy: Some free time, more rehearsal, & concert (not ours)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 3rd 2018
Published: June 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

June 3, 2018

We had free time in the morning so Nancy, Diana, Mike & I walked to the Ponte Vechhio and then to Boboli Gardens. We entered at the far end (based on our walking route) and found out it was free on Sunday. We walked the length of the park and had a beautiful view of the city, then walked back anticipating a panini from the small place right next to our hotel. It was closed! I ended up at a place with a HUGE calzone.

We had rehearsal from 1-4 in a room that was terrible for a choir rehearsal. We practiced Rutter for 2 hours and Rossini for 1 hour. Bradley Ellingboe led our Rossini rehearsal (we sang his Requiem in April).

I had dinner with Nancy, Anita, and Dave, and then we all walked to the Santo Stefano church for a concert: Mozart & Tchaikovsky directed by Peter Tiboris (who will direct us when we sing the Rossini piece).

On the way home we walked by the Duomo which was beautifully lit up.

Tomorrow is the big day - our concert. Chow!



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Santo Stefano Church for the concert.Santo Stefano Church for the concert.
Santo Stefano Church for the concert.

Mozart & Tchaikovsky music.


7th June 2018
"This is my good side"

Antique?
Is this a remnant of a statue from Greek or Roman times?
7th June 2018
"This is my good side"

Weird sculpture
No, it's contemporary.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb