Assignment 2


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
January 7th 2018
Published: January 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Florence, Italy Trip

Assignment 2



Jo Ann Smith



Day1

Friday

We landed in Italy to lite rain. They were there to meet us with signs in hand (just like in the movies) to take us to our apartment. We had one problem my roommate Andy (Andy is a girl) lost her luggage and we had to wait while she filled out a claim. It took for ever because the line was long. Once that was taken care of the 4 of us piled in to a mini van and off we went. That was a wild ride, the streets are very narrow, with cars and motorbikes going in all directions. Our driver came very close to hitting motorbikes and people, as the people walk in the streets because the sidewalks are also narrow.



After a tour of the city by our driver, we arrived at our apartment. The apartment is on the 2nd floor, had to carry the luggage up (good thing I packed lite). Our apartment only has beds for each of us, small kitchen and 2 bathrooms with showers (no bath tub). The water is lukewarm, not the very hot water that I like. We don't have a living room.



Later that evening we met at the Carousel (this is the central place for us to met up) to go to the Welcome Dinner, I don't know the name of the restaurant, but the food was wonderful. After dinner everyone spit up to explore more of the city. Ramona and I got lost going back to our apartment. We wandered a round the city for about an hour, but finally found our way back.



Day 2

Saturday

We met at the carousel @ 10am, to find the Accademia Euporea Di Firenze (AEF) school where we will be taking classes. They also showed us the Market where we can buy fresh fruits, vegetables, sea food and meat. After that we spit up to explore the Market.



Saturday was a holiday, there was a car show (just like at home) my brother, Bert would have loved to see all the vintage cars. There were street vendors just like at Mt. Sterling Court Days. They had a parade called the Epiphany Parade, with the three wise men carrying their gifts, lords and ladies, drummers and soldiers all dressed in beautiful costumes. Ramona and I were trying to meet up with the others when we run into the parade and were able to see the parade at the edge of the street.



Again Ramona and I got lost going back to the apartment. I find getting lost is very frustrating for me because I have always had a good sense of direction. The thing is that there are sometimes 3 signs on the sides of the building and it could be the name of the street or the building or just something of interest. But we're getting better as I now have same landmarks to help.



A group of us when to dinner at Mayo, a restaurant were you buy a mix drink and you get buffet dinner. We then went of ice cream



Day 3

Sunday

We met at the Pitti Palace, a Renaissance palace where the Medici family lived in the first half of the 15th century. We didn't go on the tour of the museum, Just met there to go to Piazzale Michelangelo, that’s up on a hill that over looks the city of Florence and the Arno River. The view was amazing but we had to climb stairs to the top, (I’m glad that I had been doing my stepper boxes) we did stop half way up to view a rose garden and viewed the city from that point. From there we head to the train station for an hour train ride to Pisa, a city in the Tuscany region of Italy to view the Leaning Tower.



We missed the train and had to wait an hour for the next one back to Florence.



My roommates and I have pizza to a restaurant heading back to the apartment, then had to hurried back to the apartment to work on our class assignment that is due by 11:59pm tonight.



I also have report my steps for the last 3 days:

Friday. 16,145

Saturday 17,123

Sunday. 19,243

Advertisement



8th January 2018

Enjoying following your adventures
You keep up all this exercise then you will have to alter all your newly constructed clothes! Enjoy your trip! Learn lots, and have fun! Loving your blogs!
9th January 2018

JoAnn Smith's blog
JoAnn, I am really enjoying your blog. The trip to Italy sounds amazing. I am so jealous!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb