Grotta di Nettuno


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sardinia » Alghero
August 7th 2008
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today Enrico, Monika and I went on an excursion to the Neptune Cave (Grotta di Nettuno).

On the way there we breafly stopped by a so called Nuraghe which is a thousands of years old building complex typical for Sardinia.

We then continued to Capo Caccia and the caves. Now, you can choose to reach the caves by sea or by walking down millions of steps (well, very many anyway) down the side of the mountain. For some reason which I cannot recall right now we all agreed on taking the stairs in the suffocating heat. Going down is no big deal. Your legs become a bit shaky after a while but it's not too bad, and at the bottom of the stairs you are rewarded with the cool (in all senses of the word) caves.

Going up on the other hand is painful. You start out full of energy after having spent an hour in the caves where there is no sun and the temperature is a steady 18-20 degrees. Then the sun and the effort makes you sweat. But it's still not too bad, you can enjoy the magnificent view of the sea. Then your legs start feeling very heavy, and you can't seem to get enough air to satisfy your lungs. Then you sweat even more and the steps never seem to end. You can't watch the view any more, in fact you don't give a s**t about the view at this point. You just want to reach the top and find some shade. If you are a kind soul you start to warn people coming down the stairs not to go there. Actually, come to think of it, I believe there were quite a few more steps on the way up then there were on the way down.

Anyway, we all reached the top alive and collapsed on the ground to drink some water and catch our breaths. Then we dragged ourselves to the car and headed straight for the nearest beach.

Now it's evening here in Sardinia and Monika is cooking dinner for us. We will probably stay at home tonight and enjoy some well deserved chilling out. Tomorrow we might go out with the boat for the day.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The stairsThe stairs
The stairs

Monika and me at the stairs leading to the Neptune Caves


7th August 2008

hu jeda mej
va coolt här regnar det och på måndag börjar jobbet.
7th August 2008

Skriv mera...
Va gla jag blir då ni verkar ha trevligt, snart nog är ni tillbaka i "grotte"-kvarnen. Jobba-jobba-jobba o.s.v Vill även instämma i en "comments" från Agneta -Du borde skriva! Det finns de som betalar för dylikt... har jag hört. Hälsa samtliga. /pappa
12th August 2008

Coolt!
Läckert! Vill oxå va där. Inte i trappan dock. :)

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb