Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont » Verbania
September 6th 2010
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.9215, 8.55156

Well, we made it to Italy. The right front wheel didn't fall off. We found the Renault dealer about 5 km from Sion. He didn't speak any English, but somehow I convayed to him that I thought the right front suspension was loose. I went over and shook the wheel, which I did before, and it didn't budge. He looked at it and said it was fine, at least I think that is what he said. So we left and went over the Simplon Pass. It is al long and twisty road up and then down into Italy. The car felt fine, except for a clunking in the front. Oh well, as the French say, c'est la vie! We found a hotel all by ourselves and went in search of the only laundrymat in town. People kept telling us where to go , but when we got near there we couldn't find it. Finally we went down a small alley and there it was. Thank God, as we were running out of clean clothes. They don't have a lot of free internet access here either. If it is available, we have to pay for it by the half hour. That is why the last blog was so short The weather here is cloudy and it looks like rain. We are staying for 2 days and then it is on to Lugano.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



6th September 2010

Always wondered what the Matterhorn looked like, great pictures need more of them. Glad the wheel didn't fall off
7th September 2010

So beautiful! Life is good for the McGills!
7th September 2010

Have a ggod time and be careful. Love Dad

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb