Wednesday 91-17-14 -Arrival in Rome and an afternoon of walking


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Rozzano
September 17th 2014
Published: September 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our flight out of Detroit did not leave until 8:00 pm last night. We arrived in Rome around 10:00 am this morning. Driver met us and we checked int Capo Africa around noon. We wasted little time and headed out from our hotel to visit the city. The historic Collisusum and ancient Rome is only four blocks from our hotel. Very narrow streets and lots of traffic. About every other block there was a street side restaurant. Very nice and the food looked great.

Dan used the map and I used my Iphone to guide us on our mission from the Rick Steve's Italy guide book. Our mission was to do the old Roman walk and see the famous sites, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain. After may blocks and dodging cars and motorbikes, we visited all sites. We even found a restaurant bar on top of the Basicala looking out over the ruins.

We finished up with a walk back to our hotel and stopped at one street side restaurants for spaghetti and pizza. Yes we try some gelato early on and found it very tasty...



We all headed back to get cleaned up and rested. Our hotel has a rooftop bar and we are heading up to catch the lighted up colosseum from our roof top.

Tour of old Rome on tap for Thursday morning....



Doug & Sherry and Dan & Jane


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



18th September 2014

Good Information
Just returned from the Range after 3 days of visiting, eating and enjoying my stay with Judy and Gary. Went to the cemetery on Monday and removed flower boxes and covered the angel. Had dinner at Valentini's. Visited Joan and My friend, John Ferkul. Didn't take my laptop so just getting into your blog and enjoying your report. Looks like good weather and lots of fun. ENJOY!

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb