Leonardo Da Vinci


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
May 9th 2013
Published: May 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Now 9.30 and just arrived back to the hotel after an exhausting afternoon! The whole tour experience was amazing and to actually stand in front of the Last Supper and know that you are standing in the same room as Leonardo had been, is quite an experience. Because they are trying to retain the fresco without having to touch it up too much, you go through three chambers which are climate controlled to help maintain the atmosphere. It was truly an amazing work of art - along with all the other pieces, Botticelli, Raphael, Titan.....

Stayed with two other ladies who I met that are from QLD and are actually leaving to go to Paris tomorrow - we found a bar and had an aperitif and free tapas which is offered for happy hour!

My tour group meets tomorrow night - not expecting to do too much tomorrow... had a quick look around this afternoon, so I will just take it easy tomorrow...

Advertisement



12th May 2013

ciao come stai?
ciao come stai? You are missing a lovely autumn Down Under - but I am glad you are enjoying your trip of a lifetime
14th May 2013

Bonjourno
Hi, I'm glad you arrived safely and are having a good time. Have a great holiday. Have a Pinot Grigio or three for me - salute!!

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb