Friday, October 9, 2009 - Barcelona to Milan


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
October 11th 2009
Published: October 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately, we had to bid a very reluctant farewell to Chuck and Lucie this morning, because my business meeting in Milan on Saturday required us to move on. We flew on Lufthansa to Milan from Barcelona. There were no fees for three bags, no overweight bags on our heaviest bag, and no enforcement of their one carry-on rule. The ticket for BOTH of us was $132 including taxes.

After an uneventful flight, we arrived and headed immediately to our hotel near the Duomo in Milan. The taxi ride from the airport to the hotel cost more than our plane flight. We had dinner at a hotel in an industrial exhibition area quite a distance from the hotel, so to save taxi fare we took the Metro. Although skies were clear downtown, by the time of our arrival at FieraMilano, it was pouring rain. We could recognize the way to the hotel which was supposed to be a short distance away. We nearly assaulted a passing taxi driver and got him to take us to the hotel where the dinner was being held. He got a big tip. We got relief from water up to our ankles. A good trade. Needless to say, we took a taxi back. And groaned at the cost.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb