The Fun Begins


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
April 26th 2008
Published: May 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

"Leonardo""Leonardo""Leonardo"

Statue of Leonardo in Milan

Part 2: Milano



After walking around Siena for a bit on Friday morning, I hopped on a bus for a four hour ride to Milan. After having some communication problems about where to get off the bus in Milan (which had four stops), I eventually met up with Kana and her two friends (Kelsey and Chris) at the Duomo.

The Duomo

We wandered around the Piazza del Duomo for a bit before actually going into the Duomo. It was extremely crowded, greatly aided by the fact that it was a holiday and a demonstration/rally/party (I'm not sure what to call it, it kind of had elements of all three) in the piazza. Eventually, we got in line to go into the Duomo. The inside was very nice: lots of beautiful stained glass and the rest of the interior was well done as well. Just as we were about to finish, they started ringing bells and announcing that the church was closing, so we headed out and began our search for dinner.

That, however, wasn't as easy as it sounds. We ran into two main problems (and a third that was less problematic). First, the place that Kana's study abroad director in Siena had suggested was closed, but we figured that wouldn't be too problematic. However, while we were walking around, most of the other restaurants were either closed or too expensive. We then took another look at the director's note and decided to hop on the metro to go to another part of the city, where he had marked on the note as being cheap (one dollar sign). After a bit more walking, we found a nice restaurant and had yummy Italian food.

Because I got into Milan so late in the afternoon, I didn't actually get to spend much time in the city as we left for Venice the next morning. However, we did get to some walking around the city (especially as we were on our search for dinner), which was nice, and some shopping later in the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Galleria Vittorio EmanueleGalleria Vittorio Emanuele
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele

a shopping area near the Duomo


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb