Scooter's, scooters and a few more scooter's


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Savona
June 8th 2013
Published: June 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We waved a sad goodbye to our site, having paid our 40 Euros for the two nights (approximately £35.00 GBP), it had been a pleasant place to stay, quiet and extremely clean but Ollie was waiting to go and we had a new country infront of us.



Woolly says – Ollie was sad not to have made it to Monaco but we had decided to follow the toll roads and go round Monaco instead of through it. Within 40km we saw the sign for Italy and we were in another place. I tried looking round as we whizzed through tunnel after tunnel after tunnel, I started counting but gave up after the first thirty. An occasional flash of a church, or a glimpse of the ocean and we were …. Back in a tunnel!



We had made this a short trip so that we could get set up and relax for a couple of days before hitting Milan. Our first site hoved into view, in the town of Cervo, Camping Lino offered a pool, the sea and close access to everything, in reality it offered a grotty looking pool, a rottweiller at reception (which bearing in mind was the first Italian I had tried to speak to and was enough to put me off a whole nation!) and tiny cramped pitches, costing nearly 30 Euro’s a night (approximately £26.00 GBP), we moved on.



Woolly says – Jo came back to the car visibly shaken by her first attempt at booking us onto a site so without further ado we followed the coast road and set off for our next option. The roads were like circuses with cars and scooters flying in front of us or parked everywhere, I’m glad Ian was driving. The roads were packed and the small strips of shalley beaches equally so, we passed town after town with traffic everywhere. The towns were different to France but I couldn’t put my paw on the real difference, street lights were strung across the middle of the roads and the apartment blocks were getting more and more ornate but there was a different feel to the country. We found camp two and wound our way past industrial estates and green houses to Camping Baciccia in the town of Ceriale, the site looked green and leafy but somehow we didn’t want to stay. A quick look through the camping book and an added 52km to the day and off we went again.



Ceriale looked as though it was still being built, our book had told us that it was a mere 500m to the beach, wrong, it was nearly 4km and once we had walked over the sewage pipes onto the tiny beach we knew we wanted something else. More towns passed through and thousands more scooters to dodge and avoid until we reached Savona. A large town with a huge port and what looked like an impressive fort (worth a visit we thought) and we were moving into the hillside to find Camping Dolce vita.



Woolly says – it became so much more peaceful than the roads we had been travelling on, turning into the site entrance we were given a wonderfully warm welcome, shown several pitches to choose from and had a long conversation about how the pool had been refilled that morning and would be open tomorrow, I had my bags out of Ollie faster than you could tie a guy rope.



The campsite is lovely and tranquil, pricey at 28 Euro’s a night (approximately £24.00 GBP) with oldish but very clean facilities but just right for us. With a bar and pizzeria on site we checked out the prices and will defiantly have a pizza whilst we are here, so just got to decide, pool or fort for the next day, it’s a hard decision!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0831s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb