Cinque Terre


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
April 14th 2005
Published: April 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Cinque Terre was very beautiful just like a postcard, 5 little villages with colourful houses jotting out from the cliffs its difficult for me to explain in words soon i will put some photos on this site so you can see. It was so cosy that it felt like i was walking in someones house, the locals went about their business and the tourists walked around with their rick steves books in hand. I was so lucky on be there during the week and had a few moments wandering around feeling like the only tourist there. It must be crazy during the high season. On the second day i hiked between the 5 villages, a relatively easy hike and i just followed the path. The place is World Heritage protected and tourists have to pay 3 euro to use the paths. I shared an very dingy apartment with an aussie couple (from sydney), but should have turned up without a reservation cause so many houses had rooms available staying with an italian family which would have been much better. That night the aussie couple invited me to sample some local wines with them. Of course i said yes and we enjoyed fine vino and deep discussions about australian politics, jjj and more.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb