Monterosso Day 3


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
September 7th 2008
Published: September 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Had a fair sleep armed with my ipod. Still heard a fair amount of noise but didn’t wake as much which was great!

We realised last night that we couldn’t do the trek today as we had to post our stuff off…(10kgs worth!) and the post office is only open 9-1pm on Saturdays. The postie guy wanted to jump in our box and go to OZ he told us! We also had some of our clothes washed. So the trek is tomorrow now.

We paid the guy for our apartment, did the post and then headed for the beach for the rest of the day. Beaches here are either public or private. Private beaches (still yet to find out the drum on these, as in where the money goes, etc) have umbrellas, deck chairs or sun beds. We choose a bed each and umbrella 25E. The sand is a coarse sand/tiny pebble dirty brown. The sea sand is pebbles really…what great beaches we have in OZ!

As there is a festival on there was food near the beach set up for the occasion, fried seafood, bread and pork on offer. I think it was whitebait (looked like it anyway) prawns and calamari. With a glass of vino in a plastic cup and a plate of seafood and fried bread we headed back to our beds. Late afternoon I went in search of some antipasti, difficult as most stores close for siesta. I asked in one store about the cheese shop, I was told she was at Bingo!

We left the beach about 6pm…stays light here until round about 8.30 I think it is. We don’t really live by the time as most days we don’t know what day or date it is let alone what time of the day it is. The only time we do is if we have to move on somewhere else.

Dinner was at a pizzeria finally. Been in Italy this long and hadn’t had one as we thought we’d have one in Naples where they originated, as we are not big on pizzas. Had a margarita and becks beer. Fabulous pizza…don’t know what was in the base but it was delicious!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb