[B & R] Cinque Terre and Pisa


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
September 23rd 2007
Published: September 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Early this morning we got back on our coach, and left Nice for Italy.

The weather was great, and after driving through the France - Italian border, we took a train to the Cinque Terre region known as the Italian Riveria. This beautifully rugged stretch of coastline hosts 5 small villages which are accessible only by boat. The combination of these tiny picturesque villages, the clear blue waters and dazzling sunshine made this one of the highlights of our trip - we could have happily stayed for weeks! After having lunch overlooking the beach and having a quick swim at the first village, we hopped aboard a boat which took us to 3 more of the small villages, taking around 3 hours in total. The views from the boat were amazing and the weather made it perfect for cruising. We also had a chance to have a quick look around the villages and try out the homemade pesto which is a local specialty (the pesto pizza was awesome, we went back for seconds!). We unfortunately had to return to the bus in the late afternoon to make our way to Pisa for the night, though we decided we would definitely be back one day.

The next morning we made a quick stop at the leaning tower, which is now stabilised and has been slightly straightened for safety, though the top is still 4.5m off centre! Brandt climbed to the top of the tower, through the winding, tilted stair case, and enjoyed the views at the top.

After getting a few photos of us holding up the tower, we climbed back on the coach, and made our way to Florence.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Check out the colour of the water!Check out the colour of the water!
Check out the colour of the water!

If you look closely, you can see hundreds of tiny fish swimming around


18th October 2007

hey guys
love the pics:) really miss u guys

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb