Bella Italia Continuoso


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
August 1st 2005
Published: August 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Did I mention that when we sleep we keep the windows open and hear the waves crash on the beach when we drift off and when we awake because the sea is literally 30 metres from our room? We're going to miss that.

Did I mention that we ate at another restaurant last night that was perched high on a cliff and the sea was so rough yesterday that its swirling and crashing was our scenic backdrop? We're going to miss that too.

And did I mention that the food and wine is incredible, from the simplest focaccia to the anitpasto, primo, secondi and dolci 4-course meal? That too will be missed.

Today we just chilled. Hung out in Vernazza for a bit and then headed to Monterosso for lunch. Ate surfside and then wandered around the shops.

John opted to take the trail back to Vernazza while I took the train because I'm still feeling a bit under the weather.

Our last meal in Italy (at least for this trip - we'll be back again one day, we've promised each other that already) will be in Vernazza, no doubt looking over the sea again.

It'll be a sad day having to leave tomorrow. This leg of our trip has been a true gem. It was more than we could have imagined.

A good part of tomorrow will be spent on trains to Nice and then meeting up with Gio. We'll likely not get a chance to blog but will continue to write Dickens-style in my notebook and update you as soon as we can. May not be until we're back in London on Aug 4th but keep checking 'cause you just never know...

After 2 nights in Nice we head to London where we've opted to stay in Heathrow by the airport and will take the tube into London to have dinner with John's cousin, Chris. Originally we were going to stay with him but a combination of not wanting to lug our bags or get up earlier than necessary to catch our Vancouver flight home has made the decision to sleep near the airport for us.

Must go have a gelato. It's hot!

Miss you all!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb