Venice....


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Friuli-Venezia Giulia
July 11th 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so we finally arrived in venice....!

we left florence yesterday at 11 only to travel 15 min to antoher train station for a train that would take us to venice. the train FINALLY arrived and then we started our journey, only 4 hours luckily.

however when we were in teh florence train stsation we tried to book our train from venice to paris only to be told that the first train woudl be avaible on tuesday...2 days after we had thought we'd leave. this created some confusion and panic but we worked together and separetly to figure out (possibly my train child) that we could go to nice and then staright to paris. so when we reached venice we booked up the new trains and headed to our hostel. the hostel is pretty cool looking although has some interesting features. we have our own little bridge so its like we have our own moat which is very fun. the inside is rather scrappy looking but it servies its purpose. there is some question as to the cleanliness as bed bugs have possibly been sighted in certain chairs. HOWEVER i figure that its all part of the experience and itd be boring w-o them.

we arrived and all collapsed and took showers and then went for a quick walk to find allie souvenirs. when we got back the free dinner was about to be ready and so we prepared ourselves to eat. it was however extremely hot in teh room and then steaming pasta arrived making it even worse. we all sweat ourselves silly while we ate but enjoyed it all the same. (free food is hard to resist at this point)

after dinner we took a vaporeto down to s. marco squre and sat and listened to teh musicians for awhile then headed back to the hostel, grabbing some tasty treats on teh way. i had a choc and coconut crepe to prepare yself for paris i guess...we got back and i found the computer empty so sat down to enjoy!

TODAY - we woke up super early to see allie off and moved our tickets a day earlier as we realized we'd much rather get to paris early! however the speedy train was full and so we shall be traveling for literally 24 hours starting at 10 tomorrow morning, oh the joys of trains!! im really excited to watch the country side go by, yesterdays train was great becuase of that, i felt like just staying on. tat adn i then came back for free breakfast and then set out for murano. we wandered all teh diff stores and i boght a really cute cat necklace that has a fish inside (all glass of course) we then walked into a certain show that said all chinese glass is killing murano and i asked him about it and it turns out that 80% of glass sold on murano is fake adn not made there!!! i was shocked and we went on our way but i had to return and buy something from him because he made such an impression on me. he said that 10 years ago there had only been 3 stores on teh island. we left murano and headed to teh piazzo grassi but it was too expensive so tat went to the peggy gugenhium musuem and i napped on a steps to a science garden. we then took a long route home through little streets.

when we got back to the hostel i jumped into the shower and felt refreshed for the first time in a while. then i conitnued to read my book, the dud avecardo, which is realy really really good!! everyone should read it, i laugh outloud because it is so funny...

dinner is nearly ready adn tat and i might try adn see an opera in a square tonight...fun stuff!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb