Two household, both alike in dignity...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Friuli-Venezia Giulia » Gorizia
July 15th 2010
Published: July 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


ArenaArenaArena

The arena in Verona
This morning it was back on the bus to Verona. Verona is another smaller city that I think would be neat to revisit someday. In spite of the cheese-tastic-ness of the whole 'Juliet' tourism industry, it's a very historic city, not to mention that hey have the opera festival during the summer in the arena, lots of parks an interesting public places... One hour there really wasn't quite enough.

We continued the day of bus-filled awesomeness after Verona, arriving in Gorizia in the evening with enough time to settle into rooms and get changed for our evening concert in Fiumicello, which was part of the festival in which we're competing. We sang in another church of unknown vintage, which was fairly full of audience members, including our bus driver, Gianfranco (who has been at _every_ one of our concerts so far), and Alessio, our guide, who was due to leave us today, but decided to stick around, off payroll, to hang out with us for one more day.

Yet again I am amazed at the reception we're getting here in Italy. Our concert was fairly full, and the applause sometimes felt endless... We went through most of our sacred
Opera setsOpera setsOpera sets

outside the arena in Verona
repertoire, and the reward was another concert that left our director in tears with pride at how well we're managing to get ourselves together. Another dinner was provided for us and was absolutely lovely.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb