Now if we won lotto........


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone from our little bit of paradise

It usually takes me a while to get to publish my blogs but I must tell about this wonderful little place. As many of you are aware we planned a week in a villa with Stacey and David and their partners - this being their 60th birthday present to us both and it has been 18 months in the planning. There was certain criteria to be met in choosing the villa e.g. pool, view of the sea, 3 double bedrooms, budget constaints etc so this took a bit of searching at the time. We knew nothing of this area, which is not on the tourist route, so it was really just pot luck.

And so we find ourselves in the little village of Scario, about 180km south of Naples. We have the bottom half of a house (no-one upstairs at the moment) on a large section that stretches from the road down to the sea. All living is outdoors, including the TV, but screened by plants from anyone looking up from the sea, we take some steps down to the lovely pool area with loungers set out for the sunbathing etc, then a few steps down again and we pop out through the wall to the sea where we have a small, rather rocky, beach area sheltered with a breakwater. AND the daytime temperature would rarely go below 30deg.

We walk along the sea wall about 200 - 300 metres to the village which has most things we need, especially the Geletaria for the daily icecreams and last night we had dinner on a deck type area right on the sea. Most days are spent lazing by the pool but yesterday we hired a boat (complete with shade canopy) from a neighbouring village and puttered along the coastline for a picnic in a secluded little cove complete with crystal clear water, a little beach, fish to share our lunch and caves to explore. Bliss!!

We are enjoying getting to know Georgia and Stacey is happy to have Adam with her after a year apart. The only things to make this better would be to have Rachel and Jonathan with us and our friends close by to share a few drinks - we have seating for 18+ on our patio!! There is an empty section next door - hence my title as I




Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb