Chapter 17: Sorrento: Capri that never was.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
February 18th 2004
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Chapter 17



Capri that never was!



The hill walk from the night before had well and truly knocked our two travellers for six as the plan had been to go to Capri but both of them simply couldn’t face getting up. They were now into their 17th day since leaving and finally some rest was required. The sun was shining, the cockerel was crowing (a real one without batteries), but to no avail, our two were totally shattered. A lie in was needed and that’s exactly what they did until mid-day. They spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing, listening to music, reading and enjoying the views from the balcony, as the island of Ischea was clearly visible that day. In fact they stayed at the B&B until five in the evening.

The Italian television programmes did not have much to offer, either ridiculous chat shows, with two scantily clad bimbos singing nonsense or dubbed American situation comedies. Not friends or frasier or some of the better ones, but “different strokes” with little Arnold. It is easy to complain about the broadcasting standards in Britain, but it sure is head and foot above the standards of Italian television standards.
Later that evening, they headed back to Sorrento for a bite to eat. They stumbled upon a small side-street where they located a restaurant called “ Da Gigno”.

An extremely busy (always a good sign) family run establishment; very well laid out and extremely good food and service. Maya went for the fried fish this time, whereas Martin went for the grilled fish, topping it off with strawberries and cream. A splendid meal were it not for an argument (the first one as such) ensuing after the meal and lasting all the way to the top of the hill. The trek was already tough, walking and arguing made it even tougher. Tiredness had played its part and sometimes peety squabbles arise for no reason at all. The trek back up the hill actually helped in resolving the matter as they fell asleep ready for the trip to Capri the following day.
Highlight: Doing absolutely nothing


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb