Florence to Sorrento


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
September 5th 2016
Published: September 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Morning walkabout in Florence, checked out all the historical sites - this place is so old. We ended up in the square of statues and the statue of David amongst others. Later a bit of light shopping.

Florence is the home of Michael Angelo and Leonardo Davinchi in this area. Next off to Sorrento.

Nice drive, skirting Rome and coming up on Naples or Napoli as the Italians call it. Quite a large and spread out city with Mt Vesuvius in the background. Naples is right beneath the mountain as is Pompeii. We pass thru a tunnel that is 7km long, but we have been told that we will be passing thru one in Lucerne, Switzerland that is 15km long and they are just constructing one over there that will be a train tunnel 56km long whoa.

The roads into Sorrento are narrow and winding. Hats off to our driver for navigating these with traffic in a big bus. Luckily our bus has four wheel steering.

Checked into the hotel and went for dinner overlooking the Bay of Naples, absolutely beautiful and so was the meal, wandering back to the hotel via a Limoncello factory and some tasting yum yum, hic!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement




Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb