aaaah Mediterraneo!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
April 10th 2006
Published: April 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

it's been forever! i know. i'm terribly sorry, but have no fear! there has been tons going on!

this past weekend was another lovely group trip, this time to Sorrento, Capri, and Pompeii. it's about time we get to have a little sun with our vacation!.. ha, joking.. don't kill me.

so first of all, the bus ride there = beautiful. i know i was sleeping for some of it, but it was still amazing. we don't have many mountains in jersey. mountains.. thin on the ground, thin in the air, just generally pretty trim. but here they are wonderful! and as we got to the area of naples all of a sudden we were right on the coast, and still in the mountains. these mountains literally run right into the water and it is absolutely spectacular. vesuvio is pretty freaking cool also. we drove right by mr. vesuvio on the way to sorrento, but i'll save the chat about him until my pompeii post.. which will happen sometime soon don't worry.

secondly.. there is nothing to do in sorrento. just to put that out there. it was pretty cool, the whole cute little town on the cliff thing.. but really, mmmmm dare i say it.. (boring). it is cute. it is. and you can shop. and order seafood. aaaand take daytrips to other places?

but the seafood is reeeally good and the limoncello which is a dessert liquor that they make there and in the surrounding area. very good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

photography exhibitphotography exhibit
photography exhibit

we stumbled upon this great photography exhibition in the closters of the church of st. francis. very cool.
me and a giant of a lemonme and a giant of a lemon
me and a giant of a lemon

they sell this type of lemon all over the place in sorrento. they aren't as sour as regular lemons, so you can eat them like oranges. awesome.


13th April 2006

ah, limoncello. we had to try it because it was just too yellow not to. we all decided it was a little more intense than we were hoping (except daniel - das german - who thought it was "...good... no one agrees?"). i miss you.

Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb