A late, but delightful start


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Positano
April 8th 2013
Published: April 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Awakening at 4 A.M. despite a sleeping pill proved to be a losing proposition, and only lasted through an hour or more of e-mails etc. when next I became aware, it was 11:30, and so breakfast became lunch With added cappuccino. Actually, a glass of Greco di Tufo goes very nicely with cappuccino and spaghetti con agile, olio, y pepperoncini. The heart shape in the milk froth shaped the morning actually early afternoon). the free glass of limoncello may have been a little much for starting that day, but what the heck - it was forced on me.

The walk down into the heart of town is manageable, although coming back up was a little more challenging. As always in Positano, the views are spectacular. The hillsides are covered with buildings and terraces for growing lemons. Yellow flowers trail down the cliffs and hillsides. Roadways are lined with pots of flowers in brilliant blues, yellows, and reds. Where there are bare cliffs, the rock flows as water percolates through and dissolves the limestone and reforms it as giant stalactites and flowstone.

The afternoon was spent reading and napping. Dinner at a nearby restaurant was good, but not as good as Da Vincenzo the night before. It finished with the obligatory limoncello then off to bed.

Tomorrow: the Footpath of the Gods


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb