Praiano Day 6


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Positano
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke at 10am with a hammer knocking on the inside of my head and my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth. I’ll blame Miss A back there in Brisbane for that because she said have a drink or 5 for me. If I could just go back to sleep, but I couldn’t so up and in the shower and afterwards felt a 1,000 times better. Seems they have those magical hangover showers here in Italy too. R surfaced not long after swigging on a bottle of water with the same complaint. Discussions about the day and what we going to do as we had planned to visit Capri in the afternoon and then Pompeii on Friday. I suggested it was probably a good idea if we didn’t sit on a boat today so we thought we’d take it easy and go to Positano for the sunnies. When was the next bus? (Seems the most important question these days!) 20 minutes!!! Quickest I’ve seen R get ready the whole trip! The bus was late (surprise, surprise) I know writing about buses may seem a little odd to you but it is a great source of entertainment for us as we just laugh and laugh. I’m sure the locals (as well as the tourists) think we’re mad. One (Aussie) guy on last nights bus was going off as they thought they were just doing the Positano internal loop and ended up in Praiano. I thought it was hilarious, he was going on and on about it to me so I said “Well just sit back, relax and enjoy the view and the (near) full, huge moon as there is not much else you can do about it!”

Reaching Positano the most important thing was food so although we had fantasised about a bacon and egg toasted sandwich with tomato sauce and hot chips we settled for paper thin pancetta and mozzarella cheese toasted “black” bread sandwich instead, with a bad cappuccino to wash it down.

Off to Mr sunnies man’s shop with fingers crossed that he’d be open as it was now siesta time. Luckily just caught his wife before she was closing. On further inspection of the sunnies had lovely ones but not the colour I wanted so didn’t end up buying any. Couldn’t really say to Mrs sunnies man “Thanks for the vino” so left empty handed all round.

We headed down to the beach to find the internet to see about accom in Rome for Saturday night for our trip…dare I say it home… Found a whole new part to Positano so poke around the shops very unenthusiastically whilst R darted in and out with great interest.

We also wandered down to where the boats leave, can’t really call it a harbour or marina and feasted our eyes on (you were right Hells) the boat boys. Shouldn’t be allowed really…have a bit on video .

Back up to a store where we’d seen the Nolita label stocked in a store but couldn’t concentrate previously until we had eaten, and nothing of great interest unfortunately.

Back up to the top of the hill to catch a bus…yay only 1 minute and it would be here!!! After 20minutes realised it was either early and we had just missed it or it just didn’t show, so another 40 minutes more to wait. As this area is one of the main junctions of Positano it was time to either enjoy the stunning view or turn around and watch the circus on the road. I saw 2 scooters (motorbikes) with dogs standing at the drivers feet today!!!

R stayed down the bottom of the hill to make a phone call to Mr most recent  and I stayed on the bus to the top of the village. Went to the butcher and bought a huge steak, a bottle of coke and 2 litres of water…good hangover cure. Cooked the steak and an egg, washed it down with coke (eww) and felt heaps better. A cat nap due to been woken by a marching band (yep you read that right) up and R home with kit kat…(only thing missing from the steak thing was chocolate really).

We wandered down to the Piazza to see what was going on and yep there was a full marching band there, not sure if it was just their practice night or what as they were in full uniform too. When the band marched off (not sure where they ended up) we stuck around to admire the view and to watch the locals. It’s a popular time of the day up until about 7pm where they all come together from the community to socialise, from the children right through to the Grandparents. There were kids of all ages on rollerblades, bikes, kicking a ball around or just sitting chatting.

R said she had been feeling a little sad today. I asked how come? She said that it probably had something to do with the end of our trip and going home. Funny Sunday and going home had drifted into my thoughts today, but I quickly pushed them away choosing to focus on what was going on around me at the time. Soon as she said that tears flowed for me too as they are now…it’s been such a great fun trip and I really love this place probably more than Bali. It has popped out of my mouth a couple of times when speaking with people here that I could easily live the oz winters here, anything is possible that I do know…

We wandered back to our Villa and had a quiet night in for a change.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb