Positano - Amalfi - Revello


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
April 8th 2011
Published: April 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we travelled from Positano to Amalfi and then to Revello. Beautiful coastline and some interesting drving along the way. Weather not as good as yesterday and a little overcast but good nonetheless.

Amalfi is a much large town than Positano and is situated at sea level. There was a big cruise ship in port so lots of people around while the tenders were bringing them into the port. Had a nice light lunch at a small cafe - bruscetta and some very nice vini bianco (quite more'ish but we didn't order more).

Bus ride to Ravello was quite hairy and the town is high up in the mountain. You can get great ocean views but a looong way away from the town. Around 3:00pm the clouds rolled in to the area - pretty much at our level. It is very hilly and terraced with many grape (mainly) vines. Lots of small shops selling wine in Ravello.

In the evening we had dinner at La tagliata restaurant very, very high up the mountain at Montepertuso. No menu's no fuss just sirt and relax. Met some Aussies there from Sydney who were at the nexdt table. Would never have found this restaurant ourselves but they have a shuttle service servicing several of the restaurant in that area and the hotel arranged it for us.

Tomorrow we check out and head to Napoli train station for the trip to Chiusi (around 4.5 hour ride). Hotel has arranged a driver for us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb