Positano


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
September 13th 2007
Published: September 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Positano Positano Positano

A view from the street in front of our hotel. Its gorgeous, but walking all the way down and up was a work out!
Positano was insane!

After what was described in our travel books as a "thrilling" ride to Positano, I now understand one thing: People who drive in Positano must be half insane! After a harrowing ride of hairpin turns, one lane (but two way) streets, making impossibly sharp turns and coming way too close for comfort to the cliffs beside us, we finally reached Positano. Its impossibly vertical, built on the side of a cliff, making the journey to our hotel that much more complicated. Taking the Internal bus was less than straightforward, passing by our stop the first time, and riding the entire loop again before reaching our hotel, where we were met by 105 steep steps, where we lugged our now gift-heavy packs upwards before reaching our hotel.

But it was worth it! As Greg would undoubtedly agree, I am a beach baby at heart, and never was I more excited than to swim in the Mediterranean Ocean!! Yes, it took half an hour steeply downhill, and yes, it was a rocky beach, but the water was cool and refreshing, the weather perfect and the salt....salty!

We climbed straight back up, which was no fun task, to
Positano...part IIPositano...part IIPositano...part II

Another view of the Positano coast. You can see the beach below where we swam!
enjoy a great seaside view and a great dinner. All in all, a wonderful place to be...although getting there seems like a cruel rollercoaster ride...without the safety bars!

So we have just completed a long trip back from Positano to Rome, meeting two cool people from London and Australia on the way, and are spending our last night here, in a totally sketchy B&B. We'll be home soon, and you'll love the pictures!

Michelle


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Michelle = KlutzMichelle = Klutz
Michelle = Klutz

After begging Greg to return to the beach once again, and getting a picture wading in the ocean, I discovered that walking on rocks was a lot harder than it looked.


13th September 2007

Hey Guys! Looks like you guys are having an awesome time!! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all the stories (especially about the food! right Michelle!!? LOL!) Have a safe trip back!

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb