In the Caves


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Basilicata » Matera
September 22nd 2007
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lil jj here How r the holidays so far
This is our third day driving, but we don’t have to drive any more. We are in Bari, which is where our ship heads off from. Tomorrow we are going to get a taxi to the cruise ship. My mum says that six days of the seven day cruise are going to be spent in different places. We are staying in the Best Western hotel.it is quite nice. Mum and dad said , on the way here, that the hotel had a pool. In the leaflet it said ‘WARNING: HOTEL UNDER RENOVATION’. None of us thought much of that, but when we got there we saw the pool was the part under renovation. its kind of sad but at least it is a (kind of) nice hotel.
We got lost on the way to our hotel. It was even worse because the part we ended up in was pretty deserted. As dad was driving down a deserted street we saw a lady standing on the side of the road next to her car. We pulled over to ask for directions. When we stopped mum and dad realized that her tyre was shredded. After we had asked for directions, dad helped her with the tire, even though she said she didn’t need any help. Her dad came just as we had finished with her tyre, probably because she called him and told him her tyre had shredded. After all that was over they lead us to the hotel. Mum hugged her and said thank you over and over.


Hi.
Phoebe here. In the last two days we have been to Matera, a place were people used to live out of caves. They don’t now, but they lie on the side of the cliff. We stayed the night in one of the caves. Today we continued on to Bari, but on the way we stopped at Alberobellow. The land of the trulys. Trulys are white houses with grey brick roofs that are pointy and have white tips at the top. The people who used to -and still do- Live in the trulys painted white signs on their roofs for different things. There were signs for magic and religion. After that we went to Bari, and the story of how we got to our hotel has been told by julia.

Hope you are all well,

Lots Of Love

Phoebe.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



24th September 2007

What a great holiday you are having!
sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time. Very interesting reading your blog, makes me wish we were there! Love to you all Denise Ross Lauren and Kelly

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb