Back to Dublin then to the US


Advertisement
Isle of Man's flag
Europe » Isle of Man » Douglas
May 18th 2023
Published: May 30th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Our plane back to Dublin wasn't scheduled until about 4 p.m. and we were able to leave our luggage in the lounge at the Edelweiss and wander the city a bit more, walking along the Promenade, which we'd said all week we'd like to do!

Rode the bus to the airport (said goodbye to the Fairy Bridge), flew to Dublin, found the shuttle to the Hilton, had dinner and a great shower. In the morning, caught an early shuttle to the airport so I'd have time to retrieve our checked luggage from Terminal One, move some stuff around for weight/space, check the luggage, and get through security. We stopped at the Duty Free shop to fulfill a friend's request. The great thing about flying out of Dublin is that American Customs has space there (the only place outside of the US). So, you go through security, then walk and walk, then go through American security (cane to the rescue--we got waived around having to take off shoes, etc), then American customs and into the waiting area for American flights. Good, but long flight home, our daughter and granddaughter met us at the luggage area and we were home a few hours after that. Great trip. Few days to get used to the time (and temp--it was high 70s when we landed!), wash clothes, and we were back in the swing of things here.

Thanks for traveling along with us!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0826s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb