The Great Irish Roadtrip Continues


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
October 26th 2005
Published: November 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The great irish roadtrip

This is the straight line rout we took.

The Cliffs of MahorThe Cliffs of MahorThe Cliffs of Mahor

Me with my £3 sheepskin coat @ the cliffs of Mahor(cold as).
THE RING OF KERRY
The ROK cuts a loop around a peninsular & there is some top scenery. Mountains, forests, roads hugging the hills along the coast with H2O falls roadside, little villages, pub, beaches & very skinny roads. (The roads r 2 way but most of the time u can only just fit 1 so if another car comes u havta back it up to a wide spot)

We stayed in a little village called Catherdaniel for a night in a little hostel that we had to our selves. There was a real nice beach & lads where having a surf I was so jealous but it was bloody cold.

GOLT
We where planning on stayin in Limerick but we drove through and it didn’t look like there was much craic, so we drove on headin for Galway. But halfway there we drove through golt and there was people everywhere music playin in the street and we spotted a gallery/café/hostel, so we stopped. It turned out that there was a music festival on & every pub we went into was packed with people and musicians with fiddles, banjos, accordions, flutes & some singing. Top craic!

KINVARA
On
BurrenBurrenBurren

The mighty micra under a rainbow @ the top of the burren.
local advice we went around the burren (another peninsula) rocky mountains, a perfumery, an ancient tome & the cliffs of mahor. Then onto a B&B in Kinvara and a night of from the Bevs, besides the mandatory Ginnesses in a few pubs.

GALWAY
A short drive round the corner & we where in Galway, so we found the best hostel in town & a car park, then a bit of a look around town.
I finally got to cook up my mussels, appreciated worldwide (French birds & Italian lads alike), along with a few sneaky reds, it was 1 of the anti alcohol hostels, pfffff!
Later on we went to the pub over the road & this joint was banging! Big & well set up with a few bars & there was a band & we had the best seats in the place. The band was shit hot, young lads playin traditional tunes with banjos, mandolin, harmonica, guitar & the drum, good craic.

BELFAST
Taking a open top bus tour around Belfast & makin it thought the Westside unscathed is always a bonus. (Which would have been v unlikely a few years ago)

We drove over to
Ancient tomeAncient tomeAncient tome

An ancient burial ground 6000 yrs old? Is that right dad, what was it called?
Dublin to drop the mighty micra off, then a cheap bus up to Belfast. The bus tour was great; the guy doing to tour was funny as & got the history of all the conflict & stuff. A night in Belfast then a flight to Endinburgh.

Oh yer if ya don't understand what i'm goin on about with the craic. It means havin fun, getting up to shinaningans, enjoying yourself & basiclly having a good time all round!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Roadside H2O fallsRoadside H2O falls
Roadside H2O falls

The H2O would rage down the hill then under the road & into the ocean on the ring of Kerry.
BelbastBelbast
Belbast

The titanic was built here, didn't do a very good job!
GalwayGalway
Galway

The river with the cathedral in the background. (cheap parking ifu can find a spot)
KinvaraKinvara
Kinvara

The view from the B&B we stayed in.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb