Killarney


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
May 3rd 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Erin & KevinErin & KevinErin & Kevin

About to enter Co. Kerry
Today (Thursday) we left Co. Clare and headed south to Killarney and Co. Kerry. We took a shortcut across the Shannon River via ferry, which was fun. It was just a short ride and we were able to see dolphins jumping in the water around the boat.

From there, we drove into Co. Kerry and through the city of Tralee. We finally made it to our destination, Killarney. We'll be here for the next three nights. Killarney sometimes gets derided as a total tourist town, but I actually find it more pleasant than Doolin (which was just too rural for us). Killarney is set on the edge of Killarney National Park. It's some of the most beautiful lake and mountain scenery you can imagine. The weather continues to be unseasonably warm, sunny and gorgeous, so today we took a walk along the lake to Muckross House. This time of year, the Park is filled with wildflowers and cows & calves in pastures.

When we came to Muckross House, we were blown away by how lovely it is. We took a guided tour and learned all about the furnishings and history of the house. Or I did and Kevin pretended to pay attention. The house was owned by a succession of really rich people, and Queen Victoria stayed here when she came to Co. Kerry way back in the day.

Our internet time is running out, so more later. We're loving Killarney so far!





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Our B&B in KillarneyOur B&B in Killarney
Our B&B in Killarney

We love it here!
Muckross HouseMuckross House
Muckross House

Muckross House in Killarney-- it was so beautiful here!
Gardens at Muckross HouseGardens at Muckross House
Gardens at Muckross House

The gardens around Muckross House


3rd May 2007

Count your blessings
Be glad for "unseasonably warm." When we were there in the summer I seriously considered buying something *really* warm just to get by. Great photos!! Love and kisses, Mom
4th May 2007

Gold
Have you seen any leprechauns? Do they have lucky charms over there for breakfast? Still don't see any Guinness drinking?
4th May 2007

Greetings from the land of Aplets and Cotlets
I've been following your TRAVELS from my travels. First in Vancouver and now in Wenatchee. It's not as good. Looks like it must be all you hoped for. Beautiful and interesting. Even sunny! We're having fun watching you. Thanks for including us. Looking forward to the rest of the pictures. May the wind be always at you back etc.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb