Dingle


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Dingle
July 3rd 2012
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

DingleDingleDingle

No explanation needed
Geo: 52.1433, -10.2687

Today was Dingle day. We had an awesome breakfast at our b&b. Tom came over after breakfast at his hostel and finished our breakfast. he had a "private" room with 3 other strangers and one bathroom. At least he got the top bunk. he had one stinky Australian and2 other guys. tonight he has a couple of girls in his room. only 17 euro. Not our kinda thing.

by the time Tom, Dee and I got back to our b&b last night, we were locked out. dot had gone back earlier and taken our only key. we tried to throw pebbles at her window (that is harder than it looks, even with boy scout Tom) but nobody came to the window. turned out to be the wrong window. We finally gave in and rang the doorbell and woke up the night person.

After breakfast we started our 30 mile drive around the Dingle peninsula. We had hoped to bike part of it. so glad we drove if first and checked it out. no way would I bike on these narrow roads with blind curves and tourists driving.

Lots of scenic views, but it was rainy and foggy today, so visibility was
Dingle (1)Dingle (1)Dingle (1)

On the Dingle peninsula
limited. We still had fun, because there we're lots of sites to stop at along the way, you'll see some of them in the pictures. Beehive huts, sheep, old churches, cemeteries, the house where Nicole Kidman stayed when she filmed Far and Away.

found a nice little pub for lunch, staffed by one guy and one kid. had about 6 tables. Nice people. since Tom was from Chicago, the bartender asked if that was where the recent hurricane was??? I didn't think anyone was more geographically challenged than me.

we only had 2 or 3 near misses in the car today, I am getting better. if the video makes it to the blog, you will see me fording the river.

found ice cream this afternoon. Yumm. made with local dairy. Forgot to take our usual picture. found a cheese shop and bought some local cheese for tomorrow, after careful sampling, of course.

I am loving the white Irish soda bread. everybody else is loving the brown soda bread..ick.

Met up with the Ashes for dinner and compared notes, It was great to see everyone. Paul is loving the Budweiser here. Better than at home. he would know. our friend Jackie said the same thing
Dingle (2)Dingle (2)Dingle (2)

Yes, we were high up on the edge of a cliff
when she was here.

If the weather is good tomorrow, we are hoping to get in a good hike. later tonight, out to the pubs for the true Irish pub experience.

I can only send 4 or 5 pictures to the blog at one a time from my ipad, that is why you are seeing multiple entries...sorry about that. and only one video at a time.

good day. Still have our pub crawl tonight.

Chris
dot
dee
Tom


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Dingle (3)Dingle (3)
Dingle (3)

Very old hut. It was dry inside. Great insulation
Dingle (4)Dingle (4)
Dingle (4)

Our triple beds at our Heatons b&b in Dingle


3rd July 2012

Foggy huh? It's a full moon tonight - Don't go out on the Moors at night!
3rd July 2012

I did not know that Dee was going with....Glad you are having a good time. And I agree with all Guiness sucks!
3rd July 2012

Great shot!
3rd July 2012

Great pic!
3rd July 2012

You can't tell from the photo, but that's a super steep drop off behind us into the ocean,
3rd July 2012

That looks scary!
3rd July 2012

That looks nice!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb