API Goes Adventuring


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Connemara
March 24th 2007
Published: March 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Rockin the HarnessRockin the HarnessRockin the Harness

Kat, Me, and Maureen
For our last API excursion of the semester, our group headed to the Delphi Activity Centre in Connemara for an overnight stay and the opportunity to test our athletic skills. There were different options for outdoor activities - we could choose surfing or team games . . . I stuck with the ones that got me off the ground. Being addicted to anything rock climbing/high ropes related, I was super excited to get on the Jacob's Ladder and the high ropes course in the morning, and then hit a climbing wall and zip line in the afternoon. The Jacob's Ladder was the most challenging for me . . . it consists of about 5 horizontal wooden beams, hung parallel at increasingly greater distances as you work your way to the top; my friend Kevin and I, being the guinea pigs of the group, tackled it together and had a blast. My other favorite part was the zip line because, as our guide put it, it's the closest feeling to flying you can achieve without actually morphing into a bird. I'm not sure how accurate that description is, but the whole 20 seconds you're in the air are quite fun . . . and the view of Connemara in itself is worth the semi-freaky climb to the jump-off tower. Good times.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

We Made It!We Made It!
We Made It!

Me and Kevin
At the TopAt the Top
At the Top

Jenny and Vicky
High RopesHigh Ropes
High Ropes

Cait, Kevin, and Jenny
The Lovely Ladies of APIThe Lovely Ladies of API
The Lovely Ladies of API

Holly, Erica, Me, Emily, Vicky, Steph, Katie, Amy, and Jenny
Zip LineZip Line
Zip Line

Jenny being a bird
ConnemaraConnemara
Connemara

Kat, Steph, Me, Holly, and Catherine


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb