Travel Day and Day 1 in Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
July 4th 2016
Published: July 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After 18 hours of travel time, Kelsi and I finally made it to Dublin. The started with me leaving my passport at the Delta counter in Omaha (whoops!) Thankfully it was still there when I realized it was missing.

Our flight was delayed in Atlanta for 4 hours. So we had a total of 7 hours to kill there. We went to almost every terminal out of boredom. We finally started boarding the plane at 10:30pm and took off at 11:20pm. The flight was just shy of 8 hours. Kelsi and I were both hoping to get a good amount of sleep on the flight over, but each only manage about 3.5 hours.

We finally arrived in Dublin, Ireland at 11:30am. We took a taxi to our hotel and experienced our first car ride on the opposite side of the rode. We checked in, changed, and went out to explore, despite being extremely tired.

We stopped at a pub called O'Connells for lunch. We each had the soup and toastie special. It hit the spot and we then headed out to the Jameson Distillery. We walked along the river and did a lot of people watching. The tour was short and sweet, and we got to try 3 different types of Whiskey at the end. Both of us hated all 3 of them. Not our thing.

We decided to call it an early night to try and get some sleep and on the European schedule!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb