Now that I'm sober


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
November 6th 2015
Published: November 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I was not in any condition to blog last night. So here goes today. Got up in the morning, got ready and headed down for a nice Irish breakfast at the hotel buffet. Then it was time to hit the streets and get our tickets for the hop on, hop off bus tour. First stop, Guinness beer factory. Self led tour in a state of the art facility. Loved it!!!! We got to see the original lease signed by Arthur Guinness for a solid 9000 years. Our tour ended in the gravity room with a 360 view of the city, while enjoying a complimentary Guinness. It's black and creamy. Strong but delicious. As we sat we were overtaken by american senior tourists so our next stop was the restaurant bar for a sampler of all the Guinness beers. So delicious. We were a bit tipsy when we left. We did manage a stop into the gift shop for some souvenirs. Bus came and off we went to the Kilmainham Gaol. The tour lady drove us crazy with her voice...sorta reminded me of the lifestyles of the rich and famous commentator. But really cool place!!!! We rode the bus around the city a bit and got to see St Patricks cathedral and hear some neat trivia. Our first bus driver Declan was hilarious. He sang to us. The guy at the end was pretty great too. After that we went to the hotel to freshen up and head out for the evening. We went and had a little snack at La Pizza and then wandered the McConnell Street. Up next Parnells pub where we went a little overboard with the drinks. The staff were friendly and we really enjoyed our time. I had traditional bacon and cabbage for dinner and Jenny had penne. We both finished it up with an Irish coffee. We people watched mostly and saw several doppelgängers including Rob Ford, Justin Trudeau mixed with Tom Cruise, Danny Loder and Dave Keyworth (friends of ours). We settled our tab and left a generous tip so the bartender gave us a shot on the house. Such an amazing time. After that we went off to the hotel and hilarity ensued with ordering of pizza and trying to tip in magnets. A great day in Dublin!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb