We Made It!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
May 27th 2015
Published: May 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We finally made it! After two days of traveling and the best luck possible we have made it to Dublin! We had a 12 hour layover in Charlotte, NC, but it was all made better when we found out that we were flying first class to Dublin. The flight was incrediable and I never wanted to get off the plane. There were so many buttons that alloweded us to watch movies, TV or play video games. Then we could sit up, recline or lay fully down, needless to say I never slept so great on plane before. Right away we were handed a full menu and chamgane for our journey. We were given two drinks and a four course meal! I really don't think that it could have gotten much better.

Once in Dublin as you could imagine it was cold and cloudy but still gorgeous. The taxi took us quickly to Kyle Gleeson's house were we made a ton of plans to visit the Guissness factory and a Viking tour but found ourselves taking a 6 hour nap instead. We did wake up and try to make it out to the Guinness factory but the bus flew by us and never stopped so we settled for a local pub instead and grabbed some food. So far we have an amazing time and we can't wait for more.

Tomorrow is off to Galway and Cliffs of Moher for an over night trip!



Things we quickly realized:


• People are crazy drivers here
• Because of that crossing the street is a whole new experience
• There are no street signs ANYWHERE
• You have to wave down buses you want to take, or they will not stop



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



29th May 2015

Love the pics of you guys in 1st class! I was so happy for you both because I knew you would have a blast and would be asking "how much longer do we GET to be on this plane?" and not the usual "how much longer do we HAVE to be on this plane?"!!!! Tell Gleason we say hi. Enjoy your adventures in Ireland. I'm loving the blog so far, keep it up........
31st May 2015

love this idea of being able to follow you guys!
So happy you are getting to take this adventure...I remember my traveling days fondly...of course I am jealous too! (never got to Ireland of all my European trips) one day I hope...can't wait to hear all about it....will check back in for another update soon I hope....love ya! aunt Sherry*

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb