Dublin City and Guinness Factory


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
May 9th 2011
Published: May 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another great day in Ireland.
We drove to our closest town Slane and caught the bus to Dublin this morning.
One of Chris' highlights of our trip to visit the Guinness Factory was a huge success. Very interesting and the smell of that part of Dublin is quite unique although did have similar tones to the same smell of 199 Bransgrove Rd Panania. Funny that.
We were told that the 1.5 hours should cover it but nearly 3 hours later I had to drag Chris out kicking and screaming like a 2 years old.
Chris bought some "bar stuff" as you would expect and that will probably be the end of his shopping extravaganza for the next 6 weeks.

We then did the usual tourist look around on the Red Bus which again was very lovely and beautiful city full of fantastic history.

Lunch for Chris was again a highlight we found a great little pub where he had his "Irish Stew". Yes more potatoes and he also ordered a side of traditional Chips just to be sure that he had enough of a fix before we leave the day after tomorrow.

Great day and pics to follow.

Just now back at the Thatch enjoying a glass of red in front of the roaring fire. Yes it is bloody freezing but also very comforting.
Love to all
Chris and Cath xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



13th May 2011

Only 3 hrs in the Guinness factory!
We really enjoyed our tour too and I nearly managed the whole pint! oops must go neighbours have popped in - on wine now. love Jo

Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb