Master Taste Tester (Day 8)


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
May 18th 2010
Published: May 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

tastingtastingtasting

tasting
Slept in today and missed breakfast. Not really a big loss since it is usually toast and watered down orange juice. After a couple of relaxing days Josh and I are getting back to work and looking to check out the Dublin we missed on our first trip here. Headed out across the River Liffery to the northside of town and up O'Connell street and some of the big shopping streets up that way. The street is just littered with statues and monuments to honor some of the famous politicians and military leaders in Ireland's history. Ended up turning onto Henry Street, another big shopping street but I think we went the wrong way since we ended up in a mini-China Town and starting seeing signs that read "Hot Foode with white Rice 5 euro". That was our clue to turn around and head back. After a while we made it back to the area we were looking for and headed around the shopping district.

After a few hours we returned to the hostel for lunch before heading back out to check out the Old Jameson Distillery, something we were pretty excited about. We tried to stop at a couple
batonbatonbaton

baton
of art museums that were on the way but apparently all of these types of places are closed Mondays so we were out of luck, not that either of us were partricularly crestfallen.

The Jameson Distillery is pretty much a replica of the Guinness Storehouse, a cool little museum, a free drink and an overpriced giftshop. Still, it's definitely worth the admission fee. Here are the highlights: opening video where they give you the history of the company and basically say that their whiskey is the greatest thing since sliced bread, tour of an old distillery where they show you how Jameson and other Irish whiskeys (sp?) are made, Q & A session. After that, Josh, I and some other volunteers participated in a taste test where we learned the difference between American, Irish and Scottish whiskey and once again they proclaimed Irish whiskey the world beaters. So after a few shots of those drinks and a complimentary Jameson on the rocks we walked out of the distillery with 1 glass as Josh snuck out another souvenir in his garments for a lucky friend..

Came home and made another carbonara dinner and ended up talking with a cool
angels shareangels shareangels share

angels share
dude from Vancouver named Kevin. He kept dropping in "eh?" at the end of all his sentences which kept Josh and I endlessly entertained. Looks like him and I will be participating the backpacker pub crawl which I'm pretty excited for. After dinner it was another relaxing day hanging out with the other Barnacles residents watching TV and having some chat. Bout all for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

meme
me

me and my buddy jameson
o'connell streeto'connell street
o'connell street

o'connell street


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb