Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
May 11th 2010
Published: May 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our trip though Ireland really got started at Derry (Londonderry). With much regret we had to abandon our plans to visit the Giant's Causeway and the scenic north east because of really bad weather. We were grateful to catch our train to Derry and leave the snow behind us.

In Derry we had a great meal and some beers then caught up on the sleep we had missed the day before. The next day we went to the Free Derry Museum and took a tour with 'Jerry' around the murals and the sight of the 'Bloody Sunday' riots. Sophie was delighted to find 'Primark' and came out with a top for five pounds, all that she could cram in her backpack!

We caught a bus to Donegal and stayed there over the Easter weekend. Caught some traditional Irish Music at a pub just down the road and wandered around the quiet town. Had the best hot chocolate in the world (so far) at the craft village just out of town and enjoyed the first bit of sunshine we had seen in a long time. I believe we might have even taken our jackets off!

Then on to Dublin where we stayed for a few nights. Went on an extensive walking tour of Dublin then hit the shops to stock up on supplies depleted from almost one month of travelling. Enjoyed Guinness and live music in a pub in Temple Bar where Clint got mistaken for being Irish and the group of rowdy folk next to us took some convincing that we really couldn't understand them! Having missed seeing the bogman earlier on in our trip a visit to the National Museum in Dublin was a must do. We spent the afternoon there pouring over Vicking remains and relics and of course, the bogmen.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb