Amsterdam: Day 3/ Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
September 1st 2008
Published: September 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up this morning, and had breakfast at the hostel (hard boiled egg, jam, butter, slice of cheese, and 3 pieces of toast... hits like a rock and sticks to your bones for for a good 3 hours).

After we picked up Kayley (girl from Vancouver whom we met on the tour yesterday) from her hostel we went to Discount Bikes and rented pedal-brake bikes (haven't been on one of these since I was 8!!!) and headed up the River Amstel for 3 hours into farm country to see the windmills and farms. We stopped at a cafe in a small town and turned around and headed back. It was beautiful, and refreshing after being in the city for a few days. Everyone was on the river, and the weather was incredible.

Once we returned the bikes it was time to grab our packs from the hostel and take the train to Schipol Airport. We got there entirely too early but there were these amazing lounge chairs, and we laid down and took a nap for a bit.

The flight to Dublin, left late, was rowdy, and by the time we got through customs our 2 hour travel window had turned into 4 hours. So much for the big glass of Guiness... it'll have to wait til morning! The hostel is awesome, the other travelers are super friendly, however the manager is a little hard to understand, as his brogue is a little thick. We'll be starting early to explore some before we have to head to the airport for our next adventure. See you in Inverness!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb