Day 8 - Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
June 20th 2008
Published: June 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 Dublin - A fun day in the City

Today we did the hop-on/hop-off bus tour in Dublin. We picked the tour that included all the narration (the green double-decker buses) and went around to the major highlights of the city. I’m glad we went before the rain came later in the afternoon.

We also went shopping a bit for some souvenirs and we had lunch at the Irish Mall (a very small mall) on Talbot Street which is right down the street from our hotel. The shepherds pie there was so good. It was nice to just sit and people watch. The city is such a bustling place, there are people everywhere. We didn’t really do anything else today because of the rain but it was fun just to be in the city. It’s a fun place to visit.


This evening we made our way to the Temple Bar area to have dinner at Gallagher’s, which was on my list of places I wanted to go to eat for dinner in Dublin. We all had Boxty’s except for Emily who had a hamburger. Boxty’s are a potato pancake (crepe) which is stuffed with a filling in a creamy sauce. I had the concierge’s desk call them to make us reservations and luckily we got in because there was a long line when we got there and we walked right in 15 minutes early. It was so good. I also had the Murphy Stout beer which was great too. This is a charming little restaurant. We ate downstairs in a tiny room with two tables. The restaurant was packed, I'm sure because of it's great reputation.

The Ripley Hotel worked out great for us. The price and location were vey nice and the staff was most helpful. It is located at the end of Talbot Street very near the train station. It was also just a short walk to the spire which was the opposite way of the train station.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb