It did it again


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
April 26th 2008
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are in Dublin on the 26th. We arrived on the 24th amid rain and cold weather. For some reason this free internet is throwing me off and I am losing all of my narrative as well as pics, so I am not going to say too much. Before we left Edinburgh we saw the Queen's vacation ship, the Britannia and I have included pics. I have a hard time believe all of those grandchildren of hers would just run around that ship. Seems too oppulent.

Yesterday we went to only one thing in Dublin and that was the Jameson Distillery............important place. Good our and bought a few goodies to remember the place. heheh

Today we saw Christ Church and Dublinia.......which is a recreation of when the Vikings were in Dublin and it was named Dublinia. Very interesting and the Church was gorgeous. We then walked down to St. Patrick's church. There has been a St. patricks on this spot since 1070 but this one is an Episcopalian church. Had dinner in a true Irish pub and had Irish stew.....which was more like a beef veggie soup.....no gravy.

Tonight we ate at a little restaurant and had chicken, mash and cabbage. Dons and tons of cabbage, they do like their cabbage. Speaking of food......do you know what bangers and mash are? I will give you the answer another day.

Tomorrow we are off to Belfast.......driving, so hopefully we end up there and not in some remote burg. hehe


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb