hobo for a night


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
September 30th 2007
Published: September 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

so me and jer get to dublin. And apparently people travel to dublin to party on friday and satrudays...
the cheapest place we found was 50Euroes a night and theres no wayjer and i were going to pay that. So we put our bags in a locker at the bus station and went out drinking. We ended up sleeping in a private park for 2 hours, then woke up freezing cold. On theway out of the park i almost bailed hard jumping a fence and It was deffinetly easier getting in then it was gettingout.

A policeman had spotted us hopping the fence and we were about toget into trouble but a combination of jers smoothtalking, usbeeing slightly drunk, and the forigner card, we managed to get out of it.

we found an internet cafe and played around till breakfast places started to open and then went for an irish breakfast. Got a hostel near the guiness brewery for tonight and we have done the guiness tour (dad you would have been impressed by the tour, its very tailored to entertaining people). And at the topof the tour is a tower that you can see most of the cityfrom. In face Iwouldnt be supprized if the guiness factorywas the nicest place (read tourist attraction) in the city.

Me and jer have napped a bit (4 hours i think), but im probably going to goto bed soon because tomorrow we get up so we can be out of here by seven to get to birmingham. My grandma has some train passes that me and jer want to get but I havent been able to contact her so I dont know if we will get them. Also Simon (my cousin) is going to pick us up in brum at 5-6, and we will be arriving at 4-5, and the window in between is realy the only chance for us to get them (Simon said he would drive us over but i dont think they live anywhere close and I think he was just trying to be nice). Simon has agreed to take me and jer out for the night and in the morining after he is going to the same train station as us early in the morning, so he can give us a ride without inconviencing him which is good.

I'm off to do some serious couch potatoing/sleeping,
cheers,
ian

Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb