Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
September 3rd 2007
Published: September 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we got to Dublin yesterday. Alanna got a few hours of sleep on the flight, but I couldn't sleep a wink. We were exhausted but we were ready to go see the city as soon as we arrived. We ended up walking around, drinking some Guiness, and we watched the Hurling championship between Killkenny & Limrick. It was pretty festive out, with lots of people in green & white or yellow & black. Unfortunately for Aiofe, Limrick didn't win.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's Alanna and I in the Temple Bar area



Here we are with TJ and Natasha enjoying our first Guiness.

We ended up crashing out at 7pm (damn jetlag) and woke up this morning at 4:30. We tooled around the city then met up with TJ and Natasha and went to the great sites of Dublin: the Guiness Brewery & the Jameson Distillery



Here's Alanna at Gravity Bar at the top of the Guiness Brewery. It's one of the highest buildings in the Dublin, with panoramic views. Can you see the cranes in the background? There must be over 100 new buildings under construction in the city.



Here I am behind the bar at the Jameson Distillery (nothing but Jameson behind the bar, do you need anything else?)

So we're just easing our way into our travels. When we come back to Dublin in early October we're going to rent a car and drive around the countryside.

We leave for Capetown tomorrow. Africa here we come!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0954s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb